The Department of Art and Ethnography of the State Museum of History of Uzbekistan was established in 2021. The main activity of the department is aimed at conducting scientific research on art and ethnography.
This department studies the history, research, production and origin of artifacts, as well as the history of the development of patterns. The section "Art and Ethnography" directly examines the stages of development of art and the process of its wide distribution in the country by studying the history of all artistic and ethnographic objects, works and collections on the territory of Uzbekistan.
Since its inception in 2021, this department has been headed by Tokhir Norkobilov, Doctor of Philosophy, PhD. In addition, senior researcher L. Levteeva, art restorers V. Minasyants and N. Kalandarova work in this department.
Tokhir Norkobilov - Treasurer of the Department of Archeology and Numismatics of the State Museum of the History of Uzbekistan. In parallel with his work, Tohir Norkobilov conducted an independent study on the historiography of the Ancient Bactrian culture and successfully defended it on September 9, 2022. Tokhir Norkobilov's research in this area is published in scientific journals, he actively participates in conferences with his speeches. During his scientific activity, about thirty articles were published in prestigious foreign and domestic journals.
L. Levteyeva is a laureate of a number of state awards: the Badge of Honor of the Presidium of the Supreme Council of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the medal "Veteran of Labour", the silver medal of the Academy of Arts of Uzbekistan, was awarded diplomas and awards from the Presidium of the Academy of Arts of Uzbekistan, the Academy of Arts and Sciences of Uzbekistan, the Tashkent City Khokimiyat, the Society monuments of history and culture of Uzbekistan, the Society for the Protection of Nature, the Ministry of Culture, the State Museum of the History of Uzbekistan.
Minasyants Vazgen Sosovich works as a restorer of the scientific department "Art and Ethnography". For many years he has been engaged in the protection of monuments in the archaeological funds of the museum. Participated in the inspection of destroyed archaeological sites under the leadership of the Society for the Protection of Monuments of Uzbekistan, collected valuable archaeological materials that replenished the museum fund and expositions. He created a scientific catalog of the collection of masterpieces, precious stones and other monuments kept in the museum's funds.
The artist-restorer N. Kalandarova has been working as an artist-restorer at the State Museum of the History of Uzbekistan of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan from 2019 to the present. During her career, she did an excellent job of restoring the exhibits of the museum fund. At events organized in the museum, he demonstrates restoration methods to visitors through the practice of a master class.
The program of this department:
1. The State History Museum of Uzbekistan issues of studying and preserving stock items.
2. "Research of porcelain and earthenware products of the XIX-XX centuries in the funds of the State Museum of the History of Uzbekistan";
3. "Classification of collections of the Late Bronze and Early Iron Ages in the archaeological fund of the State History Museum of Uzbekistan";
4. "The early stage of monetary circulation in Eastern Sogd in the III-IV centuries BC - I centuries AD: comparative analysis, issues of chronology and metrology";
5. ”Classification of objects of the cultural space of Karakalpakstan and Khorezm, stored in the ethnographic fund of the State Museum of History of Uzbekistan".
6. Restoration of objects from the funds of archeology and numismatics